MUSIC (Activity 2)
Direction: Identify what is being described or defined by the following statements.
1. It is a musical element relating to the relative loudness (or
quietness) of music,
2. It refers to the density (thickness or thinness) of layers of sounds,
melodies, and rhythms in a piece.
3. It refers to the speed of music. VIII. What I can do? Criteria
Description Tempo Slow moderate fast Texture monophonic homophonic polyph
60onic IX. Assessment 10 Whats In
4. It refers to the organization of music in time and is closely related to
5. It is a type of texture with a single layer of sound.
1.) All musical aspects relating to the relative loudness (or quietness) of music fall under the general element of DYNAMICS
2.)Texture. The density (thickness or thinness) of layers of sounds, melodies, and rhythms in a piece: e.g., a complex orchestral composition will have more possibilities for dense textures than a song accompanied only by guitar or piano. Most common types of texture: Monophony: A single layer of sound;
4.) Rhythm. The organization of music in time. Also closely related to meter.
5.)There is no harmonic accompaniment, and no other music being made except for the melody. The word monophonic comes from the Greek word mono which means “one”, and phonic means “relating to sound”, so monophonic texture literally means one sound being played.