A. Choose the letter of the correct answer.
1. A fork is an example of a
A. pulley B. lever
C. Inclined plane D. wheel and axle
2. A ramp is an example of
A. Pulley B. screw
D. Inclined plane
3. A seesaw on the playground is a
B. Inclined plane C. Pulley
4. The weight of the object being moved on a lever is called the
A. fulcrum B. Force/effort C. resistance D. Arm
5. A first class lever has the fulcrum between the resistance and effort. Which of these
is first-class lever?
A. Broom B. fishing pole C. Scissors D. baseball bat
6. How much force is needed in going up a less steep incline?
D. more; longer
A. less; longer B. less; shorter C. more; shorter
7. The wheelbarrow is a _ class lever because the is an the middle of the two
other important points.
B. 2nd, load
A. Ist: fulcrum
D. 2nd effort
C. 3rd; effort
8. You would use the pulley to
A. cut food B. hold pieces of wood together C. lift off heavy weight objects. D. both A and B
number 2 is D.inclined plane