1. Which of the following describes acceleration correctly?
A. It describes how fast is an objects motion.
B. An object is accelerating if it is changing its velocity.
C. It refers to the change in position with respect to its reference point.
D. Acceleration is defined as the rate of change of the objects position with respect to a frame of reference and time.
2. The following conditions shows that an object accelerates, except:
A. When the object’s velocity changed.
B. When an object in constant speed changed its direction.
C. When an object in constant speed suddenly slows down.
D. When an object is constantly moving in the same speed in a straight line.
3. You are riding in a car with a constant speed of 40 km/h and then the car turned left without changing the speed. Is there an acceleration that took place?
A. Yes, because the speed of the car did not change.
B. No, change in direction does not pertain to acceleration.
C. No, because the car did not slow down or increase its speed.
D. Yes, because there was a change in direction as the car turned left.
4. Why does a motorbike accelerate when it is travelling around in a circular path in a constant speed?
A. Because it speeds up
B. It does not accelerate.
C. Because it slows down
D. Because it changes its direction
5. Why it is important to indicate speed limits in a sharp curve road?
A. Speed limits will help you know the name of the place.
B. It is not important to indicate speed limits in a sharp curve road.
C. To notify the driver that he needs to slow down before taking the sharp curve to avoid accident
D. Speed limits are only applicable to urban areas where there are many vehicles passing the road.
6. Which of the following is a situation that shows acceleration?
A. A car at rest.
B. A cheetah running at a constant speed of 20 mi/hr.
C. A boy running at a constant speed in a circular path.
D. A racing car that maintains its high speed at 100km/hr.
7. When does acceleration take place?
A. If the speed of an object is maintained
B. When an object in motion changed its velocity
C. When there is no change in speed and direction
D. When an object travels at a straight line in a constant speed
8. Negative acceleration is shown in which statement below?
A. A rolling ball from rest
B. A tiger that runs faster to catch its prey
C. A car that reduces its speed because it is about to stop
D. An airplane that takes off and increases its speed twice
9. Which of the following does not show acceleration?
A. A moving object changed its velocity
B. An object that is increasing its speed
C. An object in motion that is slowing down
D. A flying object that maintains its speed and direction
10. As a driver why is it important to study the concept of acceleration?
A. The concept of acceleration is not important to a driver.
B. To reach the destination without minding the speed of the vehicle
C. Studying the concept of acceleration is only for those who are just learning to drive.
D. To know when to speeds up, slow down and when to change the direction in a proper way.
sorry po kung mali Thank me later